POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translucency : Translucency Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Translucency
From: Richard Speir
Date: 19 Feb 2000 20:08:26
Message: <38AF3F7B.8F135D87@geocities.com>
A few months back, there was a thread concerning some ways to either
reproduce or to fake translucency in POV.  I was unable to find the
thread when I searched for it today, so I was wondering if anyone could
explain to me how to do this.  I also believe, if memory serves me
correctly, that someone posted a rendering of a burning candle that
demonstrated a technique for producing translucency.  Thanks for any
help.